By connecting to the Infinity-IRC network you accept that you agree and are bound by the following terms of service.
- General User Conduct
- You must not abuse our resources, this includes but is not limited to any of the following:
- Having more than 3 clones (clients that serve the same or similar purpose connected more than 3 times)
- Mass-Messaging (sending a message to more than 2 channels/users at once without the permission of the users or the channel founders)
- Mass-Inviting (sending an invite to more than 2 users at once without their prior permission)
- You must not harass, harm or abuse any other users on the network, including staff
- You must not attempt to attack, gain un-authorised access to or reverse engineer any of our network, servers, software or scripts
- Individual channels may have their own rules – any other rules do not exclude or override these rules.
- You must not use our network to take part in or discuss illegal activities including child pornography, illegal music/film downloads or anything covered in US or UK law
- We respect user’s rights to freedom of speech, however freedom of speech does not include Defamation, Slander, Obscenity and Intellectual Property
- You must not use Infinity-IRC directly for your own financial gain, this includes selling services that use our network to operate or a place to repeatedly sell products or services
- You must not or use services that mask your IP address, make your IP address appear as something else, use public proxies, public VPNs or anything that would anonymise your IP address such as the TOR network. If you attempt to use any of these services you may be automatically banned or otherwise prevented from using the network
- We are not responsible for our users behaviour, however if a user does breach our terms of service we do need to be informed and that user may be banned
- We reserve the right to refuse access to any of our network or resources without prior notice and without reason.
- IRC is not a secure protocol unless accompanied with SSL or other encryption techniques. We claim no responsibility for the security of our network, and therefore discourage our network to be used for purposes that would require a secure connection
- We do not guarantee the availability or uptime of our network.
- We store all passwords using strong hashing algorithms, however you are responsible for the security of your account and password.
- We may at any time prevent a user from using any of our services or network for any period of time and without providing a reason
- We may ban them from using our network. We could also add your IP address into our blacklist which could prevent you from using a number of networks, services and websites on the internet.
- Our staff will not deal with channel bans or other channel disputes except in serious cases which are judged at our discretion.
- You must not evade or bypass any bans that have been placed on you, your IP, your ISP, your Country, or your client. This includes network bans and channel bans.
- We may report any illegal activities to the relevant government agencies or your internet service provider
- Bots may not join a channel without the owners expressed permission. If you have a channel where a user requests a bot’s presence or contact please ensure that you have logs of the requests in order to assist us in any problems.
- Relay bots are allowed on our network providing that they do not advertise other networks that they are connected to. You are responsible for any content that is transmitted over a relay. You must not assist banned users from communicating with our network. Any users that use the relay must obey our rules.
- Clone bots, Trojan bots, spam bots and bot nets are not permitted on this network.
- You must agree and adhere to the entire terms of service before requesting a vhost on our network
- To request a vHost you must have been registered with our services for at least 2 weeks, during this time we would expect that you have become acquainted with at least one of our staff – the best way to do this is by joining our network general chat channel, #infinity
- You must not be banned from any channel when applying for a vHost, your request will be rejected
- If your request is a domain name and has a valid TLD or CCTLD we will need you to do some extra steps – this is required to prove you are the owner or have control over that domain. You will need to create a file or a DNS record. This is to prevent people from pretending to be someone else or from a specific organisation
- You must not evade any bans using your vHost, if you are found to be doing this you will be banned from the network and also not be allowed to request a vHost again.
- All vHosts are issued our discretion, and we reserve the right to remove them at any time
Failure to obey these terms or other directions by network staff will result in network disciplinary action up to and/or including a network ban (G:line).
These Terms of Service document may be changed at any time, by a member of staff at Infinity IRC without giving any notice to its user base.
We will cooperate with any/every law enforcement agency provided they have a court-issued subpoena. We reserve the right to contact any user’s ISP for repeated ban evasions and/or general abuse.